Fair Oaks supports this food pantry which serves people in need from Oak Park and neighboring communities. We provide food staples and financial support as well as donate time for packing and distribution of food.
Top 10 Facts about Food Pantry
- Distribute over half a million pounds of food in 2009
- Helps feed 1,200 families a month
- Serves families during 8-10 distribution shifts each month
- Provides families with fresh produce, meat, dairy products, bread and a variety of non-perishable foods.
- Assists families with applications for SNAP (food stamp) benefits
- Builds community huger awareness and education through presentations to church, school, and civic groups
- Has provided community hunger relief for over 30 years
- Advocates for anti-hunger policy
- Serves over 40,000 individuals with a part-time staff, hundreds of volunteers and thousands of donors
To learn more > Oak Park-River Forest Food Pantry