Mission Study Report
In May 2016, the Session formed a Mission Study Team whose job was to assess the findings from our Congregational Assessment Tool and other insights to map out the future strategic direction for the church. The Team's recommendations will inform the Pastoral Nominating Committee on the talents needed in a new senior pastor and provide the Session the priorities for long-term planning, staffing and programs.
The aim of this report is to make clear:
Who we are, our values, and our vision for ministry, including our definition of progressive theology.
- What we discovered about our congregation’s emerging needs and challenges.
- What we discovered about the emerging needs of our surrounding community and opportunities for us to expand our ministry.
- What kind of church we envision FOPC might be by 2025.
- Actions we recommend Session and its committees undertake to achieve this vision.
- Qualifications and characteristics needed by our next pastor and entire staffing team.
Presented to the congregation on October 23, the report can be found here.
Mission Study Team Members
Current Session Members
Nancy Van Der Griend (clerk)
Pastoral Nominating Committee
The Pastoral Nominating Committee was unanimously approved by the congregation on October 23 and includes:
The PNC will use the Mission Study’s guidance on senior pastor focus to prepare the Ministry Information Form, which is the basis for our search process.